Painting flowers on Saunders Waterford watercolor block. I cropped the final painting to adjust the composition a little. This was done when Madhu Kumar and I was escaping the rain. Both of us were attempting to paint fake flowers in front of a shop front but we did not finished what we have started.I wasn't happy with the results so I painted over and added more paints back in the studio. Then finally lifting out the paint from some areas. I find it easier to work from home then on location because I have the comfort of using a table or easel. On location, I would be collecting as much information as possible but would not struggle to complete the painting on the spot.
Interestingly, both Madhu and myself lament to each other that the greatest hindrance while painting in a sitting position is our pot belly. More so when we need to bend down to reach for our palette and wash pot. My back hurts subsequently.
[caption id="attachment_2608" align="alignnone" width="630"] Cropped to adjust composition[/caption]
The paper was able to take lots abuse as I was painting and lifting and painting again. This was a good test to know the extend of how much I can overwork the paper. I did not even stretch the paper but it dried without warping.